[mythtv-users] HD HomeRun recording stopped writing to disk

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Fri May 8 18:50:28 UTC 2009

I have had the strangest thing just start happening for records from my HDHomerun.
Just yesterday I started getting a file can not be found error when trying to play a recording that my Doerun made.  I checked the file name and sure enough it did not exist.  This is now happening on all shows that the Doerun is trying to record.
I am using the yum upgrade approach and using the ATRPMS repository to install and update mythtv.  Here is the current version information.

Slave backend where the HDHR recordings are going to.
MythTV Version   : 20441M
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1

Master backend
MythTV Version   : 19896M
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
I know this one is a little out of date but it is running Fedora 8 and I am waiting to upgrade until Fedora 11 comes out.

Here is what I have tried so far.
1) Select one of the HDHR tuners from live TV ----  Plays fine.
2) Press record while watching the recording  -----  Records fine and I can watch the recording.
3) Scheduled a recording for the same tuner  ------  Database thinks it recorded but the file does not exist in the storage directory
4) Rebooted the backed, HDHR, router, switch  --  The recording file is still not created.

SELinux and the firewall have been disabled since the backend was built and are still disabled.