[mythtv-users] JYA's 0.21 with VDPAU on Jaunty Playback problem

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Thu May 7 11:46:42 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/5/7 James Crow <james at ultratans.com>:
>
>>  Would it be possible to add a VDPAU profile to your packages and make it
>> the default? I added my own and introduced an error.
>>

> This has been discussed before ; and the conclusion is : not really.
>
> Profiles are created when a new frontend is being added. Doing any
> modifications after that becomes tricky.
> Not even trunk does that

Ok. Fair enough. I figured my problem out rather quickly. I just thought
it might help others. Where do the default profiles come from? Are they
coded into the frontend? I always see CPU++, CPU--, Slim, and maybe
another one. I am just learning C++, but it might be fun to try making a
patch to add a VDPAU profile.

Thanks,
James