[mythtv-users] MythTV + uPnP + PS3 = no joy

Mike Grommet mgrommet at gmail.com
Thu May 7 06:44:30 UTC 2009

I'm running Mythbuntu 9.04, and have successfully configured a
frontend/backend (same machine) using a WinTV-HVR-1600.
So far so good.

Now, I want to use my PS3 to view recorded programs, but can't seem to
get the PS3 to recognize my myth system.
I know some people have said it takes a while (waited a long time,
tried searching for media servers on the ps3 several times, etc) but
it just seems as if the PS3 can't see Myth.
I've upgraded the PS3 to the latest firmware, but still no luck.

I have installed ushare to test things out and that seems to work
without a hitch -- the only gotcha is that ushare doesn't
automatically update the file listings in the share (requires a
restart of ushare), and the PS3 can see a couple of WMP machines on my
network too.

Has anyone else had any issues (or success) with connecting to myth's
av media server via upnp from a PS3 with the latest firmware and
MythTV .21 ?

Any thoughts on how to debug this?