[mythtv-users] mythtv + nfs = bad?

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:51:20 UTC 2009

My NFS problems were a little more bizarre.  I even asked about it on this
mailing list, but no one got back to me.  I don't remember what kernel this
was with, but here's the issue as it stands.

I was NFS mounting my backend videos/music/pictures folders to my frontend.
The videos folder has several ISO files (made from DVDs I own).  They are
mostly all above 4GBs.  I would be watching a movie and then it would stop
randomly in the middle of the movie (or about 3/4 through).  I looked at
file size on the FE compared to the BE and saw that the file sizes were
different.  I couldn't figure out what the deal was.  I finally moved to
CIFS and am not having any more issues.  I'd like to go back to NFS, but if
there are still issues, I don't want to deal with them.  Any ideas?

I'm currently running MythBuntu 8.10 32bit all updates.  Not sure which
kernel version that is, but I'm at work, so that's probably a good thing.
Thanks!

jim