[mythtv-users] JYA's 0.21 with VDPAU on Jaunty Playback problem

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Wed May 6 18:45:10 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/5/6 James Crow <james at ultratans.com>:
>
>> Now I am running:
>> 0.21.0+fixes-20462-openglvdpau-0ubuntu1
>>
>> So I have a slightly newer version and that at first seems to be the
>> problem. I have a PVR-500 and three Pinnacle 800i QAM tuners. Most of my
>> recordings come from the QAM tuners. The recordings from the PVR play
>> without problem under 9.04. The QAM recordings are now generating tons of
>> errors in the mythfrontend.log and the video seems to jump back and forth.
>> Here is a log snippet:
>>
>> 2009-05-06 05:28:59.451 AFD: Opened codec 0x3617460, id(MP2) type(Audio)
>> 2009-05-06 06:01:57.410 [mpeg2video @ 0x7fb48f0a1ed0]ac-tex damaged at 29 5
>> 2009-05-06 06:01:57.410 [mpeg2video @ 0x7fb48f0a1ed0]Warning MVs not
>> available
>> 2009-05-06 06:02:00.269 AFD: Opened codec 0x36195a0, id(MPEG2VIDEO)
>> type(Video)
>>

> You're not using VDPAU here...
>
> Try with the standard mythbuntu version, though I'd be surprised if it
> was any different. Unless you're using VDPAU, my packages are pretty
> much identical

I looked at the vdpau profile I had setup and I was trying to use ffmpeg
for decode. After changing that to vdpau system load is ~30% while
playing 1080i MPEG2 video. I will have to wait until later to actually
see if the stuttering is gone, but I think it will be.

JYA,
  Would it be possible to add a VDPAU profile to your packages and make
it the default? I added my own and introduced an error.

Thanks,
James