[mythtv-users] PVR500 and recent mythtv-backend versions

Eric esquid2 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 03:28:39 UTC 2009

yeah i've seen the same issue with my pvr500.  i was running ubuntu hardy
with the same skippy picture pretty frequently for the last 6 months.  i
just reinstalled to mythbuntu jaunty and see the same thing.  starting up if
i cat /dev/video0 or dev/video1 > /tmp/foo it looks great.  but on the same
channel in mythtv i get skippy video.  killing off mythtv and doing the same
cat trick i get skippy video.  i didn't try the rmmod/insmod but restarting
definitely takes things back to normal.  seems like mythtv has to be doing
something to ivtv or the kernel for it to require an rmmod+insmod/reboot to
clear it up (after shutting down mythfrontend/mythbackend) right?

don't really see anything in /var/log/mythtv/* about it.

eric