[mythtv-users] MythTV and Comcast (SF Bay Area) transition to digital

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Tue May 5 13:17:44 UTC 2009

> Anyone else have any input on how to map channum to xmltvid?

Matt,

I'm not in your area, but recently went through the same process.

Presumably, the main station and DT2 version have different XMLTV ID's
because they can potentially have different lineups (although in my case
they don't, one is the HD and one the SD version of the same shows).

What I did was to run the frontend, go into LiveTV, tune to each channel
and see which station it was, then look up the XMLTV id for that station
on Schedules Direct, then while still in LiveTV press E on my keyboard.
This allows you to edit the channel name, number, XMLTV ID, etc.  I then
entered the XMLTV ID, station call letters, a full text name (such as
WTVC ABC HD) and set the channel number to match the cable companies
channel number rather than use 56-2 or whatever scanning gave me.

Jeff.

--
I haven't smoked for 2 years, 8 months and 2 weeks, saving $4,465.85 and
not smoking 29,772.36 cigarettes.