[mythtv-users] OT: 3 week old HDD "Clicking" ??

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue May 5 02:43:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:35 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Monday 04 May 2009 20:16:56 Anthony Giggins wrote:
>

>> On the upside I guess, the warranty is renewed on each replacement drive.
>> At this rate the drive will be in warranty for atleast the next decade.
>
> Nope, sorry. Your warranty only lasts until the original one's expiration
> date, at least according to what I read on the CD packed with a drive.
>
> That might only apply to retail sales, if you buy them some other way things
> might be different.

I thought as much. Every drive I have ever gotten back from a RMA
(remember I have bought 100s) has came back with about the same
warranty as the one I sent them. And in almost every single case I got
back a refurbished drive and not a new one. The one exception was IBM
did return me a brand new 80GB drive when I sent them a smaller (75GB
possibly) deskstar.

John