[mythtv-users] OT: 3 week old HDD "Clicking" ??

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue May 5 02:41:11 UTC 2009

I wonder if maybe we're barking up the wrong tree by trying to avoid
specific manufacturers.  It seems to me that the problem is more that
every manufacturer cranks out batches of good drives and batches of
duds.  Seagate is the most recent one to have a batch of duds, so
they're the one everyone's avoiding right now; but at one point it was
IBM, before that it was Maxtor, and before *that* it was Quantum.