[mythtv-users] Fedora 10 trunk compile error

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue May 5 01:37:53 UTC 2009

Greg Woods wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-05-03 at 12:16 -0700, Andrew Burgess wrote:
>
>> The headers aren't usually different. The preprocessor defines are what
>> controls it. That's why I wondered about the configure log, see what
>> decisions the configure program made for what compile flags. And why I
>> wanted vdpau to match to minimize the differences.
>
> I haven't had time to do a detailed comparison of the configure log yet,
> but I did try running configure on the "bad" system with the same
> arguments as on the "good" one (--enable-vdpau --enable-libfaad". I had
> to install the faad2-devel package to get a successful configure run,
> but after that, the result was the same compile error.

The most likely reason is that the NVidia 180.xx series drivers install
nvidia-specific GL libraries and include files. These versions are not
compatible to the normal versions.

If you open the NVidia-install.<version>.run install file with a -x on
the command line, it will extract (but not install) the contents of the
package and you can drill down in the src folder to look at the actual
files which will be installed.

Whatever you do, do NOT install the nvidia package on your ati based box
without backing up the original copies of all of the files in the nvidia
package tree. The install is not commutative. You will need the backups
to resurrect your system. (Or you can nuke the partition and start from
scratch, which is always *FUN*!)

Although this does not answer the question of why if will not compile on
  on the ati box. Unless you can find that the ati box is missing some
libraries or include files. Try running a diff between the boxes against
an 'ls -al' of each folder starting with /usr/lib/GL, /usr/lib/drm and
the matching /usr/include folders.

Best bet is, something like glu.h is missing.

Geoff

Geoff