[mythtv-users] Disabling iMON IR Receiver but not iMON VFD?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon May 4 23:56:52 UTC 2009

> 1. Can I set it so mceusb2 is always bound to /dev/lircd and iMON IR to
> /dev/lircd1

Paul has correctly suggested using udev to handle this

> 3. If neither, can I tell mythfronted to accept lirc commands from both
> daemons?

No, but you can setup lirc to redirect signals from all devices to one
output. I have an example of how to do this in my blog. I had to
figure it out, as it is required for any of the iMON LCD's that were
manufactured in the last year or so (the ones with vendor:product id
of 15c2:0038). You can skip down to the section titled "Step 5 -
Testing and using LIRC"

http://mythtvblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/getting-imon-0038-lcd-working-with-lirc.html

--
Ron