[mythtv-users] mythtranscode: honorcutlist on a non-recording

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Sun May 3 20:04:38 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 7:51 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> Make a short recording from a dvb-t channel.
> Overwrite that file with your non-myth dvb-t file.
> Run mythtranscode on this as for a normal myth recording - no cutlist yet.
> Edit in Mythtv and rename.  You'll still have the old program description,
> though.

Thanks a lot, this sounds like a good idea!

I just gave it a go. It almost worked, except that it didn't actually
cut the junk from the file, which remained at the original size.

Since the file was now in "recordings" I could also apply the "job
options / transcoding" menu entry and that failed too. In the log
there was the mysterious and infamous "Error 247" (go figure).

Many thanks for the suggestion, which looked good, but for now it
seems I'm still stuck with a large file.