[mythtv-users] mac mini overheating

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Sun May 3 17:45:58 UTC 2009

At 3:16 PM +0200 5/3/09, Wouter van Atteveldt wrote:
>Dear MythTV users,
>
>I am configuring a fairly new core 2 duo Mac Mini to use as a MythTV
>front end. I've installed ubuntu ...
>
>Unfortunately, after using it for around an hour or so it just stops
functoning and refuses to boot, the back and bottom are really hot. ...

What about putting Mac OS X back on it.  You can get a pre-compiled version of the frontend from the SniderPad.  If it still overheats, perhaps the freeware Temperature Monitor will tell you more:

http://www.bresink.de/osx/TemperatureMonitor.html

Craig