[mythtv-users] Fedora 10 trunk compile error

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun May 3 14:58:28 UTC 2009

This one is driving me crazy, especially since a search of
gossamer-threads shows that I had the same problem several years ago but
was too stupid to post whatever it was I did to fix it back then.

When compiling trunk on my fresh Fedora 10 desktop, I get a slew of
errors like this:

mythpainter_ogl.cpp:297: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to
‘GLenum’
mythpainter_ogl.cpp:297: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void
glDisable(GLenum)’

If I'm missing a package, I'm damned if I can figure out which one.  I
have another Fedora 10 system where trunk compiles fine, so I did some
comparisons between the two. "rpm -qa | grep mesa", "rpm -qa | grep GL",
and "find /usr/include -type f -exec grep -l GLenum {} \;" produce
identical outputs on the two systems, yet trunk compiles on one of them
but not the other.

Differences:

Good system: x86_64, nvidia card, using --enable-vdpau

Bad system: i386, ati card, of course not using vdpau

Any ideas?

TIA,
--Greg