[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] Antenna Problems

Jason Weida jason.m.weida at gmail.com
Sat May 2 19:58:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Chris Clarke <chrisjohn.clarke at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    I'm having a problem and I'm not too sure where to start
> troubleshooting.  I've got an HDHomerun attached to an antenna I've
> mounted on the side of my house, got it all hooked up and it works
> great, most of the time.  It records 85%-90% of the time no problems,
> but then it will completely garble a recording.  There doesn't seem to
> be a pattern, it could be any channel at any time, it just produces
> digital garbage.  For example I record "The A-Team" (hey who doesn't
> love cheesy 80's shows ;) everyday on SUN-TV, Mon, Tues, Weds, were
> all fine and then yesterday it was garbled.  And last night it
> recorded "My Name is Earl" fine and then screwed up "The Office" on
> the same channel.  I've looked through the logs and don't see anything
> obvious, but was hoping someone could give me a hint as to what I
> should be looking for...
>
> Chris

When I see a glitch these days, I ignore it.  I'm not going to bother
re-orienting the antenna until well after the digital transition date.  I
have no way of knowing if a particular station is broadcasting at full
digital strength yet, or they have everything optimized (thanks to
congress/Obama).  Of course, I don't have any major issues, just an
occasional glitch that's annoying, but not a show stopper.  I guess I'm
saying I wouldn't go to great lengths at this point to try to fix it until
you know the broadcaster is stable.