[mythtv-users] interlace issue on TV?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat May 2 12:59:23 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 1:14 AM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Tom Dexter wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh might be the patch. I use ffmpeg too, so I hadn't noticed
>>> Interlacedx2 not appearing with XvMC.
>>

>> I think (??) it may need to be added to this block of code in
>> libs/libmythtv/videodisplayprofile.cpp around line 1490:
>>
>>    QStringList::const_iterator it2;
>>    for (it2 = tmp.begin(); it2 != tmp.end(); ++it2)
>>    {
>>        safe_deint[*it2] += "bobdeint";
>>        safe_deint[*it2] += "onefield";
>>        safe_deint[*it2] += "none";
>>        safe_osd[*it2]   += "chromakey";
>>    }
>>
>> That is, a new line something like:
>>
>> safe_deint[*it2] += "fieldorderdoubleprocessdeint";
>>
>> ...added into that block.  Now whether or not it actually works is
>> another story.
>
> Anybody who cna confirm that this is the change needed to make the patch
> work for VIA XvMC?

I'm compiling with that change right now.  Specifically, all that does
is to allow you to select the new deinterlacer in conjunction with
xvmc.  Although I don't have a Via XvMC card, I can verify whether or
not it allows me to choose Interlaced x2 in conjunction with that,
though I obviously can't actually try it.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Tom