[mythtv-users] Ubuntu's panels on top of Myth display in Mythbuntu

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Sat May 2 02:12:41 UTC 2009

> So what's the technical reason that Myth goes windowed when using Desktop Effects (Compiz)? Is this a bug that might be fixed at some point, or is it just an architectural issue we have to live with? I was fine keeping Compiz turned off on my laptop in order to use Myth but now that I've been using the excellent AWN dock application that requires Compiz it's much more of a hassle.

Not that this helps, but I would like to chime in and say that it can
work as expected.  My Ubuntu 8.04 desktop displays Myth in its full
screen glory while Compiz is running.

My Mythbuntu 8.04 frontend works as well but I just assumed that
Mythbuntu tweaked things out correctly on a dedicated system.

-Mark