[mythtv-users] HELP*** DB crashed - How long for optimize_mythdb.pl to complete on pretty large DB?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Fri May 1 20:48:48 UTC 2009

My DB borked a little while ago and I'm running optimize_mythdb.pl to
clean it up......

I'm watching the db through Mysql administrator GUI frontend and it
currently is showing

sorting index | optimize table `mythconverg`.`archiveitems`

How long should this take on a DB with about a years worth of recording data?

It's currently been running for nearly 7000 seconds but htop shows no
processor load

Is this really running or just hung?

How can I tell from mysql admin what's actually going on?

Thanks in advance