[mythtv-users] Ubuntu's panels on top of Myth display in Mythbuntu

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Fri May 1 17:29:50 UTC 2009

I've had the same trouble for a while (on mythbuntu 8.04 & 8.10).  I don't
even have compiz installed.  It seems the overscan on my CRT tv reacts
differently depending on the type of file I play.  Recordings show the menu
bar the worst (I see just the bottom of the menu bar, as most of it is in
the overscan region of the screen) but if I play a video, it's less of a
problem, depending on the type of file it is.  I use the Internal player for
both.  The fix I've found is to simply remove the top panel (I'm using XFCE
for a window manager).  The problem with that is whenever I reboot the
machine, the panel returns.  Is there a way to permanently remove the top
panel from XFCE?  Given that you can right click and get the "start" menu,
there's really no need for it.