[mythtv-users] Enabling Xv on ATI HD 3200

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Fri May 1 15:59:44 UTC 2009

Paul Gardiner wrote:
> Kirk Bocek wrote:
>>
>> Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>> I believe both drivers are being actively developed. You might do
>>> best to get something mostly working and then wait. I bought a
>>> whole load of hardware because radeon didn't support the X1250,
>>> only to find it did a month later.
>>
>> So what else is new? :)
>>
>> Part of my problem is using CentOS as my distro. The releases of the
>> various
>> packages tend to not be the most current. Using a repo like Axel Thimm's
>> excellent ATRPMS really helps. But the thought of recompiling the
>> whole xorg
>> tree to get a few new drivers is daunting.
>>
>> I just wish the proprietary driver worked. End of whine.
>
> Just building latest xf86-input-ati has worked for me. You need to
> install your distro's xorg-devel package, which seems to vary
> in name but shouldn't be hard to find.
>
> Paul.

Catalyst 9.4 linux drivers now available.

Announced here:
http://www.linuxgames.com/archives/13755

Notes:
    * RHEL 5.3 production support
    * Ubuntu 9.04 support (early look)
    * Stopping X in dual-head mode no longer causes segmentation fault
    * [SUSE 10.1] Indirect rendering no longer causes failures
    * Catalyst Control Center: Default button now works properly for Warning
Dialogue in preference page
    * Catalyst Control Center: Gamma values now maintained for color channels
    * Catalyst Control Center: Formats are now listed properly in HDTV Support
page
    * Playing video after resuming from S3/S4 no longer causes the system to
stop functioning
    * Errors are no longer reported in dmesg when running 3D applications

Nothing about tearing, however.