No subject

Sun Mar 1 18:40:12 UTC 2009

MythTV will balance concurrent recordings across the available directories<=
br>
 =A0<br>
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
MythTV will balance concurrent recordings across the available directories<=
br>
in a Storage Group in order to spread out the file I/O load. MythTV will<br=

prefer filesystems that are local to the backend over filesystems that are<=
br>
remote until the local filesystem has 2 concurrent recordings active or<br>
other equivalent I/O, then the next recording will go to the remote<br>
filesystem. The balancing method is based purely on I/O, Myth does not try<=
br>
to balance out disk space unless a filesystem is too low on free disk space=
in which case it will not be used except as a last resort.<br>
 =A0 =A0<br>
I&#39;m a little unclear about the local versus remote part there.<br>
I have a master backend and a slave backend. =A0The drive on each backend i=
s<br>
shared via nfs and mounted on the other. =A0When I started watching some<br=

livetv to test things out, using a tuner on the slave backend it started<br=

recording to the nfs drive. =A0Based on what it says above, shouldn&#39;t i=
t have<br>
gone to the local drive first? =A0Or am I not supposed to mount with nfs an=
d<br>
myth can directly access remote filesystems itself?<br>
Since you said that you were just testing things out, I&#39;m guessing both=
 of the drives (the local and remote) were empty drives and were identical =
(i.e. same size). =A0If so, then Myth was likely unable to determine that t=
he filesystems were different, so when it chose a directory, it happened to=
 just get one that was on a remote filesystem.<br>

Once you&#39;ve got some recordings on one or the other filesystem--enough =
to change their available capacity by a number of megabytes--Myth will know=
 they&#39;re different filesystems. =A0Therefore, it shouldn&#39;t keep hap=
pening.<br>

d content.=A0 I&#39;ve run mythtv for a long time now (5 years!!), but I ju=
st added in a slave backend for the first time so that drive was empty but =
the other was not.<br>
ups so that all recording will be local, and if one of the drives starts to=
 get too low in space I can always manually move a few files around.<br>

--001e680f0d3cee6030046cf09a2c--