No subject

Sun Mar 1 18:40:12 UTC 2009

get a picture (with sound) again, it has always been in the 10-15s
mark.

0.21 made the process slightly faster ; running trunk has slow down
things again, it's also in the 15s range for me.

I got used to it... Things got better for the WAF when we got our new
Sony LCD TV, it too is very slow to change channels, around 8s. So
mythtv doesn't look as bad as it used to when I was using a set top
box that only took 1-2s to change channels.

How slow changing channels is, has been the #1 complaint about the
mythtv system I've installed for friends.

#2 is that when you press record, then you can't easily change
channels anymore, or when you're watching LiveTV and a recording
start, you either have to exit or tune to the channel being recorded,
even if you have multiple tuners.

That the DVD internal player fails to play many DVD has been #3.

If only XBMC handled TV and recordings. That project is run
differently, the aim being that it's actually usable by most ; not
just the dev.

Jean-Yves