[mythtv-users] A bunch of files that start with "st" in myth based directories..

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 31 23:07:29 UTC 2009

<fixed top posting>

On 03/31/2009 06:36 PM, David Herman wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Katie 88 wrote:
>
>> On Mar 31, 2009, at 2:52 PM, David Herman wrote:
>>
>>> Why does myth create a bunch of files (on the backend only) in various
>>>
>>> directories
>>>
>>> for example:
>>> /usr/local/bin
>>> /usr/local/lib/mythtv/filters
>>> /usr/local/lib/mythtv/plugins
>>>
>>> Yesterday I found over 100 of these files in these directories
>>>
>>> Any ideas???
>> You chose to install in /usr/local. run config with --prefix=/usr/ if
>> that's where you want the files to go instead of /usr/local/
> I think you are missing the point. I know why it installed where it did...
> what do the files that start with ST do and why aren't they self-cleaned?

Actually, you're missing a /couple/ of points...  Besides the "please
don't top-post on this list" point, you're also missing the point of all
these wild guesses...  That unless you provide at least a few actual
filenames (not just the first two letters of the filenames) /we/ can
only guess...

However, one thing is clear--it's not Myth writing those files (as the
user running Myth shouldn't even have write permission on the
directories you've mentioned).

Mike