[mythtv-users] spotify / despotify

Roald roalda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 19:51:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 03/31/2009 01:04 PM, Roald wrote:
>>
>> Anyone know of anybody working on a spotify-client for mythtv? Or for
> Why not just run Despotify with your Premium account (as Spotify is blocking
> Despotify's access for Free and Day Pass accounts) and keep the legal mess

Because it is a bit problematic with the remote. And the text onscreen
is unreadable on my old television.

And yes, but I'm happy to pay for a premium account for that. And the
authors have released the client anonymously, thats true, but since
Spotify have not blocked the premium access, it could seem that they
are not too offended by the client themselves.

> out of MythTV, instead letting it rest squarely on the shoulders of the
> anonymous coders of the Despotify client?

I did not realize that it was against list policy to discuss this, as
since Spotify allow access to the client my belief were that it was
not illegal. They had a bad reaction at first, but since patching up a
seemingly unsecure protocol, they are letting anyone with premium
accounts through.

However I will drop the subject now.

--
Roald Martin Amundsen