[mythtv-users] OT: OTA CBS in Chicago?

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 17:50:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 12:35 PM, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:
> Justin Johnson wrote:
>>
>> WBBM-TV in Chicago is broadcast on digital channel 3, make sure it's being
>> included in your scans.
>
> And make sure your antenna can pick up VHF.  A lot of "digital" TV antennas
> are UHF-only.  At only five miles away you shouldn't need much of an
> antenna, though.  An old set of VHF rabbit ears would probably work to test.

I'll have to check this when I get home tonight.

I last tested on Sunday. Using the Windows utility, I get a strong
signal on VHF channel numbers -- WBBM's channel 2, for example, gives
me around 90 percent signal strength but no lock and no reception
through the HDHR.

I'll take a closer look this evening and see what I can find.

Thanks,