[mythtv-users] New MythTV Theme: Nightshade-wide

Ben Lancaster mail at benlancaster.co.uk
Sun Mar 29 22:45:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've been working on a MythTV theme of my own for the past week or so,
called "nightshade-wide". Currently only tested with 0.21 for 16:9
displays, but I hope to start working on a 0.22 version once it's out.

Please install it and provide feedback via this list, or report issues
to the Issue Tracker on Google Code.

The link is http://code.google.com/p/nightshade-wide/

All code is in Google Code's svn trunk, since this is most definitely
a work in progress at the moment.

Details:
  • Uses high-quality, free-to-use stock photography (either taken by
me or someone else), credits are here: http://code.google.com/p/nightshade-wide/wiki/Credits
  • Inspired by PearODY (and the AppleTV), too many copyright issues
with that theme, so I decided to start one from known and legal sources
  • MythCenter-wide was the starting point
  • Includes a watermark for Boxee

Still lots to do, namely:
  • Re-work base.xml and qtlook.txt to get the Watch Recordings screen
looking good (and a host of other pages)
  • Source images for missing watermarks
  • Replace or tweak graphics left over from MythCenter-wide to fit

Note: the PSD won't make it on to Google Code as it's about 200MB. I
will try and put together a flat grid that I've been working from
though. Currently trying to get some Screenshots together to put on
the code site, but for now you'll have to try it for yourself to get
an idea of what it looks like.

Note, this is a million miles from finished, but I'm dedicated to
seeing it through. I should add that I definitely won't be spending
any time on MythMusic or some of the other plugins, as I just don't
use them. Maybe you'd like to do it?

Thanks,

Ben