[mythtv-users] long delays responding to keystrokes and ir events

lj larry at foxgulch.com
Sun Mar 29 20:36:03 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 13:54 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/29/2009 01:50 PM, lj wrote:
> > REF: Mike wrote  I saw you say that it was fixed when you stopped
> > running the screensaver...
> >

> > Sorry for creating confusion.   I only THOUGHT I had fixed the problem
> > by disabling the screen saver.  I wrote in a second follow up post:
> >
> >>  Practically as soon as I sent the message, I got the problem.  One
> >>  must wait apparently for several minutes before trying to see if
> >> the remote  button presses are delayed.
> >>

> > So the problem (ir remote button presses/keyboard key press accumulated
> > delay)  persists even though I killed the gnome-screen-saver process.
>
> Right...  I figured that out.  I was trying to say I was surprised when
> you said that /until/ I read your follow-up.
>
> Mike

After making an image of my mythbuntu root drive,  I used the method
posted at  http://mythbuntu.org/auto-builds  to  upgrade my mythbuntu
installation using the Mythbuntu Weekly Build Packages available
at the "http://weeklybuilds.mythbuntu.org/mythbuntu/ppa/ubuntu intrepid
main"   repository.

So version wise,  I'm  now at
MythTV Version   : 20282
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
on the Myth Frontend and Backend.

Unfortunately,  this version still seems to have the "accumulate ir
remote button presses" delay bug.  Rats!

However, hat's off to those clever folks at  mythbuntu.org for making
this upgrade so painless.  Thank you!

Larry