[mythtv-users] Upgrade issues.

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Sun Mar 29 13:23:45 UTC 2009

On 03/29/2009 07:46 AM, Marc Tousignant wrote:
>>> Yep, Marc, you're running a system (and I'll lay odds it's a Gentoo
>>> system) where your DB server was misconfigured, so all the data getting
>>> written into your DB was corrupted when you were using 0.21-fixes and
below.

>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Fixing_Corrupt_Database_Encoding
>> You're right, its Gentoo.
>> And I'm reading the article now... even after the update to 22 looks like
my
>> database is setup wrong.

>> Server characterset:    utf8
>> Db     characterset:    utf8
>> Client characterset:    utf8
>> Conn.  characterset:    utf8
>> Gonna try to fix now.
> Ok I misread it, it looks like it is setup correctly now.

Right.  After the upgrade the above information is fine.  Basically,
with 0.21-fixes and below, the server configuration must be done a
specific way.  With trunk, Myth works regardless of configuration.

Mike

I watched the 1 recording that was made last night and deleted it. I then
actioned the procedure on the wiki page and restored my old backup with the
fixes and the update went as it should have.

Thanks for the help.

Marc