[mythtv-users] I just don't get it...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Mar 29 05:01:02 UTC 2009

On Saturday 28 March 2009 17:21:22 Marvin Match wrote:
> Alright, I've been a MythTV user since 2004, but I just can't seem to
> get 0.21 to run and I don't know why. I've installed MythTV so many
> times, on so many systems, that I'm probably overlooking something
> really stupid, like a permission awry.
>
> Latest attempt is with MythDora. Previous versions of MythDora have
> been great. Now new hardware, new install of MythDora 10.21 64-bit
> seems to install fine, but I can't for the life of me get through the
> setup successfully. I've been working on this for more than a month
> and I'm about ready to give up.
>
> Oh yeah, tried MythBuntu as well. It was also unsuccessful.
>
> Here's where I'm at:
> I can run MythSetup steps 1-3, but when I get to 4 "input
> connections" I have trouble. All's well it seems, both ports on my
> HDHR are listed, but when I scan for channels I get "Timeout Scaning
> ATSC Channel x -- no tables". where x is 2 through whatever, however
> it is actually finding channels, most of which are at 91%... it's
> aparently just not telling Myth that it's finding anything, or so it
> seems.

That's normal, especially for the lower channels, which have no digital info
on them (because they are analog channels). You will get a signal indication
even on the analog channels.

I get the same thing as you do, until the scan gets to channel 73 (this will
depend on your cable system).

Also, be sure you are set to US-Cable and not US-Bcast, or you will not find
any channels above 13.

I also assume you have set the scan for only unencrypted channels, in which
case the scan will only find unencrypted channels (makes sense hey?), and it
is just possible your cable has none of those (though it should, at least for
the off-airs).

--
beww
beww at beww.org