[mythtv-users] New deinterlacer for perfect image quality when using an interlaced display, mode that matches the source

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat Mar 28 10:40:31 UTC 2009

Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> says:
> In libs/libmythtv/NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp, at the very end of
> NuppelVideoPlayer::AutoDeint() I changed the line:
>
> m_scan_locked  = false;
>
> ...to...
>
> m_scan_locked = (m_scan_tracker > min_count);

Thanks for this; it neatly answered my request for same
(<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/375271#375271>.
My display is progressive, not interlaced, but the phantom
progresive-frames issue bedevils all of us. I agree your hack is
probably not ideal for DVD playback (where there really is content
with both interlaced and true progressive frames mixed together,
apparently), but like you I almost never use MythTV for DVDs. Until a
more-comprehensive solution arrives yours will do nicely.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array