[mythtv-users] Fixing BBC HD AC3 for PS3 playback

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Mar 27 23:08:53 UTC 2009

On 27 Mar 2009, at 21:43, Philippe Van Der Gucht wrote:

> Andre Newman wrote:
>> On 27 Mar 2009, at 12:59, Philippe Van Der Gucht wrote:
>>>
>>> There is reputedly a problem with ffmpeg and the mpegts container.
>>> I now use 'avi'.
>> Tried it just now, I get an avi that plays fine in mplayer and vlc
>> but PS3 says corrupted file, tried it through MediaTomb and Ushare
>> too in case there's some mimetype issue.
>> Could you share your ffmpeg invocation please?
>
> Here's my report:
> http://www.spiff.be/node/304
>
>> I've been using:
>> ffmpeg -i infile.mpg -f avi -copyts -map 0.0:0.0 -map 0.3:0.1 -
>> acodec copy -vcodec copy outfile.avi
>
> Not much I can add to that I'm afraid.
>
> The only suggestion I can give you is to try out other formats.

I think I've tried all the formats that the PS3 will play.

Having some success with the latest version of tsMuxeR thanks to
Belcampo, PS3 pauses for about 30s before it plays the file but once
it starts it's 100%.
Haven't got it to work as a user job yet, tsmuxer has a wacky way to
pass parameters in a .meta file including the input filename!! I'll
post the script when it's all working nicely, it seems happy to fix
ITV HD as well which is a big bonus, otherwise I can only reliably
watch ITV HD after it's been burnt to a BD-RE which slows things down
a bit!

Andre