[mythtv-users] Looking for Bluetooth/wireless keyboard

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Mar 27 20:28:03 UTC 2009

On Friday 27 March 2009 13:55:53 Bobby Gill wrote:
> I'm looking to grab one, can anyone vouch for specific models? Also, I've
> used bluetooth with varying degrees of success in linux, how solid is it
> for an everyday desktop box (not just FE in the living room and whatnot)?
> Would it be recommended to instead go with a regular wireless one?

I can recommend the Gyration GC15CK, which is both a keyboard and a mouse
(separate units). It's 2.4Ghz. wireless, but I've had no problems even though
I have 802.11g running in the same room.

It's worked fine for me for a couple of years. Even the built-in multimedia
controls (volume, mute etc.) worked just fine without my having to do
anything (FC-based 0.20 Mythdora system), which surprised me, but I'm not
complaining.

The free-space type mouse works well, but takes a little getting used to. It
will also work as a normal surface-based mouse.

I picked it up on sale for under $60 at Office Depot, about 2 years ago.

Battery life (4 AAAs) is about 6 months of normal use. The mouse is
rechargeable in its base.

--
beww
beww at beww.org