[mythtv-users] Time to upgrade to .22?

greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Fri Mar 27 14:45:07 UTC 2009

John Drescher wrote:
>> I have been running trunk for about 4 months...The backend seem's to be very
>> stable but the frontend isn't...Things break quite regularly.
>>  If you have no compelling reason to run trunk i suggest staying with the
>> stable branch..
>>

> How often do you update? Are you using VDPAU?
>
> I ran 0.21svn in late Q4 2006 and found it completely stable for my
> needs for the 20 or so months before it was released.. From your
> description it sounds like 0.22 is less stable on the frontend than
> 0.21 was.
>
> John

I update about once a week or so..I don't VDPAU...I have no problems
with HD.. I have enough cpu power,so i don't really need the headache's
that comes with VDPAU...
   I'm sure you know there's major upgrading going on,so if you run
trunk, you have to expect it to be unstable. It's coming along quite
nicely though...