[mythtv-users] dish receiver overnight power-down/update

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:32:22 UTC 2009

How are folks that use dish network dealing with the receiver's
automatic power down for updates overnight?  I just had it happen in
the middle of a movie I was recording and I'm suspicious it got my
hdpvr into a bad state that required a reboot.  I have a vip211 and I
don't see an option to disable the update, only to shift it to a
different time.  Note, I'm not talking about the inactivity timeout
screensaver.  How do you work around this?  Thanks,

Alex