[mythtv-users] Fixing BBC HD AC3 for PS3 playback

Philippe Van Der Gucht philippe at vandergucht.org
Fri Mar 27 12:59:00 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:

> I've wasted days trying to get ffmpeg or mencoder (latest svn of both) to
> remux the recordings but mencoder doesn't seem to like demuxing the BBC HD
> stream correctly and ffmpeg seems to generate a broken transport stream.
> This is my best so far ffmpeg in case there is an ffmpeg guru around:

Disclaimer: I am not a guru but I've been busy with ffmpeg and BBC HD
recordings too. (mencoder indeed did not work)

> ffmpeg -i file.mpg -f mpegts -copyts -map 0.0:0.0 -map 0.3:0.1 -vcodec copy
> -acodec copy -fflags genpts outfile.mpg

There is reputedly a problem with ffmpeg and the mpegts container.
I now use 'avi'.

> This works in that it produces a transport stream with h264 video and one
> ac3 audio in sync which the PS3 plays but the video is jerking back and
> forth madly like some frames are in the wrong order, this seems to be a
> problem that many have experienced with ffmpeg transport streams and it's
> the same in mplayer, even vlc doesn't play it!

After using avi as a container playback was resolved.

--

Yogi Berra  - "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."