[mythtv-users] Seagate 1.5TB for 109.99

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Fri Mar 27 11:46:11 UTC 2009

Yep this is another reason I will never buy Seagate again.

I was surprised to learn that they ship different hardware under the
same model number.

In my case I purchased 7 drives from the same vendor (including a thecus
n7700 so they new it was going to be used for raid), and they shipped me
two model sets - fine except they aren't compatible and cause issues
when used together as a raid.

At least with western digital they announce new models when they change
hardware.

Eg. I could be really screwed if in 6 months I wanted to add another
drive - as it seems its pot luck what you actually end up with.

There are currently 3 different hardware revisions in the 1.5tb model
range !!! this is ludicrous.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Inc