[mythtv-users] Suspend to RAM

Peter Lord peter at plord.co.uk
Thu Mar 26 18:29:15 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I'm currently setting up a combined frontend/backend mythtv box - I'm nearly
there :-), but I have a few outstanding questions.  I'll post them
individually.

I'm using .21-fixes from
http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Ubuntu_Repository.html on a
M3N78-VM based system.

Although I have the system shutting down when idle and starting up before the
next record, the cycle is fairly slow.  So I would like to suspend to RAM
instead of the shutdown.  However, using hibernate-ram, I'm not getting very
far ... typically I end up with a blank screen with a flashing cursor in the
top left corner.

Is there a recipe to follow to get suspend to RAM working with a combined
frontend/backend with USB DVB drivers and nvidia ?  Or am I expecting too much
:-)

Thanks !

Pete

--
Peter Lord (Home)

Barometer, n.:
	An ingenious instrument which indicates what kind of weather we
are having.