[mythtv-users] USB IR Reveiver

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 22:45:39 UTC 2009

Hi all,

It seems that the Microsoft USB MCE Remote package has been
discontinued for sometime now, which is annoying since it was such a
nice little package, cheap and well supported within Ubuntu.

I am after a new receiver for one of my frontends, but since the
remotes are costing more second hand on eBay than I paid new for my
others, my options are limited.

What are others doing for USB receivers?  My main question is, when it
comes to LIRC, does it matter much which receiver you have, or is the
LIRC config all about the remote codes themselves?  I guess I am
worried about support for the USB receiver from within Ubuntu.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Whytey