[mythtv-users] Seagate 1.5TB for 109.99

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Mar 25 19:14:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:26:48AM -0700, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

> >Not the same as MythTV BUT.......
[deletia]
> >of those issues have been fixed. The only concern you might have is if
> >you get a drive that has been sitting on the shelf and hasn't been
> >updated yet. You can just check when you get the drive.
> >
> >I don't have the 1.5TB drives, but the 1TB drives are doing just fine
> >for me.
> >
> >Have fun!
> >~Stack~
>

> Thanks for the info. I'll be staying away. Maybe this is why they're
> offloading them for 109.99.

   Mebbe you want to catch them on sale at Frys or BestBuy. That way
if you have problems, you don't have to worry about shipping issues.

   I had 1 of 5 from NewEgg be DOA. I bought a couple more from BestBuy
that I've not had troubles with. I haven't put any of them in critical
positions. None are boot drives or recording drives. (lots of bulk storage)