[mythtv-users] Need to quiet my frontend...

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Mar 25 18:52:02 UTC 2009

I have a frontend system in the bedroom. It's a slim form factor Compaq
D5S/P1.7 running mythdora 5. The system is fairly quiet except for the
hard drive. What are people doing to quiet these down?

I tried installing the system to a flash drive, but the install keeps
failing. Not sure it will run well enough off a flash drive anyway.

The other possibility is running off the network. Anybody doing this
successfully?

Are there hard drive options that are quieter? SSD maybe?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
James