[mythtv-users] pvr 150 tuning problem

Don Bossung dbossung at windstream.net
Wed Mar 25 17:52:03 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 March 2009 10:11:21 Don Bossung wrote:
>
>> I have a PVR 150 that has been working fine for a couple years.
>> Recently, I have found myth 21 (on fedora 10, mythdora) can only tune
>> channels 2-12. Our cable company (TW in Nebraska) provides 2-80.
>>
>> On an old anaolog tv plugged directly into the same cable, I can tune
>> 2-80. Very odd.
>>
>> I you have any ideas about this it would be helpful.
>>

> Normally I would say that you are using the US-BCAST channel frequencies,
> instead of US-CABLE. This would cause precisely the same symptoms as you
> observe (though you should be able to get 13, maybe your system does not have
> that, which would probably be NET in Nebraska (I get them here in Cheyenne
> via DISH).
>
> If you mean you have recently installed a new version, that's probably your
> problem, if this happened to an existing system without your having made any
> changes, I wouldn't know.

Thanks so much, right on the money. Being 50+ years old I should have
thought about this but it has been so long since having to set something
to cable tuning rather than broadcast. When I went into
mythtv-setup/input the card was set to default. Changing it to us-cable
fixed the tuning issue.

I guess that somewhere the default changed because under mythdora 5 when
set to default I could tune all the channels, then under mythdora 10.21
default gave me the broadcast tuning.

Anyway, thanks for the help.