[mythtv-users] System hangs when watching tv

Sergio Bello serbel at televes.com
Wed Mar 25 11:28:51 UTC 2009

Ozzy escribió:
> I had the exact same problem with 3 diff flavors, Mythdora, Knoppmyth,
> and then the distro i went with, Mythbuntu
>
> Tried every single thing that google would point me at, what it finally
> wound up being was an IRQ conflict between 2 PVR-150 cards and my
> onboard 8300 video.
>
> My motherboard has 3 PCI slots, whenever i build a system i am
> accustomed to putting as much space between cards as possible, so, on my
> ASUS M3N78 Pro i placed the 150's in PCI slot 1 & 3. Everything worked
> great with the exception of random live tv lockups (no rhyme or reason,
> totally random)
>
> Upon moving card 2 to pci slot 2 next to card 1, no more lockups :)
>
> System Specs:
> Case: Athenatech Black SECC Steel A3708BS.450
> Motherboard: ASUS M3N78 PRO AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8300 HDMI
> CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600 Brisbane 2.9GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core
> Memory: OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
> Hard Disk: Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB SATA
> DVD: LITE-ON 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE
> Tuners: 2 PVR-150 MCE used from ebay
> Tuner3: Motorolla DCT-6412 III via onboard firewire
> LCD: Crystalfontz CFA-632 USB LCD 16x2 w/drive bay panel & internal USB
> Remote: StreamZap PC Remote
> Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech S 510 Silver/Black USB or PS/2 RF Wireless
> TV: Sanyo 32" LCD connected via HDMI
>

> Sergio Bello wrote:
>
>> Hi forum,
>> I've installed Mythtv 0.21 on a Debian Etch system. I thing everything
>> is working fine (communications between frontend and backend, with
>> mythconverg db, etc). I can schedule and make recordings, and preview
>> them on the small screen that appears when you list recordings. But
>> everytime I try to watch a recording or watch live tv, my system (the
>> whole operating system) hangs, I can't use mouse nor keyboard and I have
>> to reboot my machine. All I can see is a black screen. I've tried to
>> change several mythbackend and mythfrontend parameters, but
>> unsuccessfully. Maybe somebody have solved the same or a similar problem
>> and can help me. Any idea would be very appreciated.
>> Thanks a lot

Thanks for your reponse, but I don't thing it's my case. In fact, I've
installed everything on a "almost-embedded" system, where I don´t have
PCI slots to change.
Does anybody have any other idea? I have also realized that when system
hangs I can´t neither access through ssh. I suposse it's something
related to X and/or Mythserver configuration, but I'm a little lost.....
Thanks a lot (and thanks Ozzy again)