[mythtv-users] glitchy audio with vdpau

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 04:31:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 8:20 PM, Alex Williamson
<alex.l.williamson at gmail.com> wrote:
FWIW, I've also discovered setting my minimum cpufreq scaling
> to 1.8GHz is enough to avoid the glitches.  Is there already some
> facility in mythtv to run an external script at the start and end of
> video playback?  Thanks,

Hmm, so over on XBMC I see reference to similar problems and a similar
solution.  I haven't found the exact details, but it sounds like when
the processor is running at 1GHz, there's simply not enough bandwidth
for VDPAU to do 720p.  I don't need the actual processing clock cycles
at 1.8GHz, but it seems to increase the memory bandwidth enough to
keep everything happy.  H.264 from the hdpvr looks great now too!