[mythtv-users] Can anyone explain these MythTV/MythWeb access quirks?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 01:04:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> (I.e. like the part where I asked if the OP meant exactly what you just
> described--and told him it /would not/ work--or any of the /other/ ways
> of using ssh to "tunnel" through a firewall (such as the SOCKS
> proxy--which /would/ work).  Of course, I /still/ don't know what a
> "MythWeb screen" is, but I'm pretty sure that was just a poor choice of
> words.)

Mike,

Yeh, I guess I coulda done a better job with the wording.  I was
talking about accessing the MythWeb web page with a browser tunneling
via ssh.

Time to go read up on using PuTTY and your hints for using a SOCKS proxy.

Thanks also for the refresh on the ThemePainter=qt option.  Since the
schedule grid in MythWeb wasn't working I was trying to get the same
result by going into mythfrontend from a system with an X-server (or
is it an X-client -- I can never get it straight which is which).

Craig.