[mythtv-users] Channel Script Timeout

Scott Souter scott at tbwifi.ca
Tue Mar 24 13:10:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to leave my delays in my channel change
script longer, but Live TV times out on me if I set them where I want.

I have a Dish/Expressvu 4100 Sat box and I use extra commands to
ensure that I don't get stuck in menus.

At the top I call a "cancel" to get out of any guide left on the screen
Then I call "guide" to get out of any non-subscribed channels entered
by accident
Next is the standard channel change script
After entering the channels, I press "select" twice to get out of the
guide

The delay that seems to work best in between each command and between
digits is 0.7.  With this delay I don't have enough time before Myth
times out on the channel script.  I was considering using a background
script to overcome this, but I don't think the channel entry part can
exist in the background script.

Can anybody offer some advice?

Thx
Scott