[mythtv-users] recording and livetv setup

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Mar 24 12:27:07 UTC 2009

> I would like to set this up so that livetv uses the kworld-cablebox
> (so that I can recieve all of my channels on my bedroom frontend) and
> for recording I would like to use in this order;
> ATI Wonder HDTV and/or HDHomerun if the recording is avalible on the
> limited channels
> PVR-350
> Wintv PVR usb
> Kworld expert hardware encoder-telivision
> Kworld expert hardware encoder-composite, when the channel isn't
> available from any other source.
>
> what is the best way to set this up (card order-recording priorities
> ect.)

Well, as far as the recordings, if you configure your cards in the
order you prefer them to record (setup the ATI Wonder HDTV first),
then that will take care of itself. Then, for live TV, if you setup
the cable box input last, it will have the lowest priority. Then turn
on the option to avoid conflicts between recordings and LiveTV (don't
recall how it's worded), and myth will prefer to use the lowest
priority tuner for live tv.

--
Ron