[mythtv-users] No "configure" command for mythfilldatabase

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 09:40:40 UTC 2009

On 23/03/2009, Dave M G <martin at autotelic.com> wrote:
> Nick,
>
>  Thank you for responding.
>
> > tv_grab_jp was removed from the latest version of XMLTV (0.5.55) as
> > the source site is blocking the XMLTV user agent string.
> >

>  Damn. Well, that explains a lot.
>
>  Is it known whether or not they blocked the XMLTV agent string deliberately
> to keep XMLTV out for any reason?
>
>  I believe the site that XMLTV connects to is ontvjapan.org. I speak
> Japanese, and if I knew what XMLTV's user agent string was, or whatever
> other details are required, I could contact the source site and request that
> they open it up.

That could be very useful.

>  Or I could ask what their issues were, if it's not known from the XMLTV
> side what the problem is.

The best course of action would be to ask on xmltv-users (better still
xmltv-dev) and ask the tv_grab_jp developers for the answers. Mailing
list posts are normally answered quicker and have higher visibility
than the bug tracker.

A grabber's useragent string is usually something like "XMLTV/0.5.50"
- typically if a site suddenly stops blocking connections it means
they don't want them - but they may not know what XMLTV is either and
are blocking out of uncertainty.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott