[mythtv-users] how to nuke ALL recordings before a specificdate?

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Tue Mar 24 05:57:18 UTC 2009

Johnny wrote:
> It sounds like you are using the autoexpire deleted recordings option.
> Have tried disabling that?

You are correct!  I'll try disabling auto expiring deleted recordings,
though since they're already marked as deleted I'm not sure what the system
will do as a result.  (Hey, I think a database backup would be a good idea
right before I try that!)

> There is a thread I recently started when I
> lost my recordings, where other posted some options:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/372472. You can try
> the find orphans script but it is old and at some point may cause
> problems because it directly messes with the database rather than
> calling mythtv supported calls to do the work. You can also try using
> 'touch' to recreate all of the files, then autoexpire shouldn't choke
> when it goes to remove them.

I think I'll probably go the touch route; that seems the least harmful.

Thanks!