[mythtv-users] Updating mythtv video's list from the command line?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 19:52:49 UTC 2009

> Yes, sorry - I'm running MythTV 0.21-fixes from the weekly repo's of
> mythbuntu ;)
>
> Now that you've mentioned the mythweb part - I've never noticed the "scan
> collection" button before.. I take it that does the scan - will have to test
> later... but then, whats the admin Key + update button used for?

I think the 'scan collection' button is a more recent addition to
mythweb. It works just like going into the manager from the frontend.
There are 3rd party command line tools. One of the more popular
choices is the imdb bulk update script:
http://www.thepisanis.com/node/11. It can be run as a cron job or you
can just run it when needed from the command line. It can pull data
from imdb, but I believe there are command line switches to just add
new files like the video manager would do in the front end. Note that
in .22 mythv is moving away from imdb because they have asked that
their site not be scraped in the TOS.