[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-HD-S2

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Mar 23 19:40:53 UTC 2009

On 23 Mar 2009, at 17:01, Damian O'Sullivan wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Andre Newman wrote:
>> Too right, I've wasted days on this thing! Should have just bought
>> another Nova S Plus....
>>
>> Andre
>
> Works fine for me on ubuntu 8.10 with drivers from http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/liplianindvb/

Working again, new card, new Ubuntu 8.10 64bit install, above
repository as per the linuxmce HD S2 howto and firmware 1.20.79.0

Medibuntu repository, Mythbuntu weekly builds for Intrepid & Jean Yves
excellent VDPAU repository.

Currently recording BBC HD as a slave backend. :-)

VDPAU de-interlacers not working but that's a job for later.

> Being using it for a few months now. Have onlt been using S1 stuff
> though.

I'm only wanting DVBS for now, just seemed daft to buy yet another
DVBS card when BBC HD is bound to go DVBS2 before long.
I'd also like to get a DVBS2 card running on Astra 1 at 19E and
Intelsat 10-02 at 1W, this is a good way to test the drivers for
reliability by using them all day every day.

Thanks for the repository pointer Damian.

Good luck Gary, this repository works today, files pulled an hour or
two ago, no special sauce.

Andre